Our infant program is dedicated in providing a safe, supportive, consistent, challenging environment for young children and their families. To ensure this balance, we provide personal care by qualified nurses, teaching, playtime, and safe sleeping guidelines.
Toddlers are always absorbing language, which is why a classroom rich in language is important. To help develop language and literacy skills, teachers:
- Describe what they are doing as well as what the child is doing, so that children will hear more language and connect words to actions.
- Read aloud multiple times a day, as well as allow independent exploration of books.
- Encourage interaction during reading.
- Allow children opportunities to tell a story.
- Sing songs/rhymes daily.
- Encourage pretend play and participation with other children.
- Allow opportunities to experiment with writing materials, and valuing scribbles.
- Encourage children to dictate a story or description of what they are creating.
Preschool programs provide early childhood education and care for children, and help them develop a range of skills that make them ready to learn when they start school. Out preschool program includes:
- Independent, teacher-directed, and small-group activities that encourage investigation, exploration, and discovery.
- Learning approaches that adapt to each child and incorporate their strengths and interests
- Curriculum that supports creative expression, literacy, music, and more,.
- Confidence-building opportunities to solve problems and make decisions.
- STEM learning that encourages future-forward skills.
- Safety, security, and cleanliness practices that meet or exceed all state, local, and national guidelines .
Kindergarten is a time when children are making connections between what they know and what they are learning. As they leave the world of preschool and head towards kindergarten, children are learning to participate in routines, demonstrate ability to make decisions, and plan ahead.
By the end of kindergarten, children should have developed Personal and Social skills, Language skills and Math skills.